Thursday, March 13, 2008

I gave birth to potty-mouthed strippers!

I am ashamed to admit that although I very rarely swear, I curse like a sailor when I am driving and someone cuts me off and then slams on the breaks. If you are going to cut me off, at least make sure you drive fast enough that I don't have to touch my breaks. Anyway, I digress. I became very aware of how much my little sponges absorb, when we were driving to the mall yesterday. John applied the breaks a little harder than usual when we came to a traffic light. Nothing too strange about that, until Madison (with her soother in her mouth) said what sounded very much like "F - CK GO"! John turned to me and said "what did she say?" I sheepishly said "I'm not sure." So he asked her to take out her soosie and then he said "what did you say Madison?" She took her soother out and yelled, clear as a bell "F - CK GO!" Yikes! It was really hard not to laugh, and we both did, but the third time she said it we explained that that isn't a nice word, and she can't say it anymore. I promised I wouldn't say it either. Now I know why my own mum said "sugar" instead of the other 's' word!

Not only do I have a potty-mouthed kid, but apparently I have a couple of exhibitionists on my hands. You may have read the story of Madison stripping off her diaper and jeans during her nap (mind you she didn't sleep so nap really doesn't apply). She sat in her crib in just her shirt. Well, when I when in this morning to get the girls, Emma was buck naked in her crib. She had taken off her sleeper and her diaper, and thrown them out of the crib and onto the floor, along with all of her stuffed animals and her two blankets. I said "Emma, why did you take off your jammies and your diaper?" she said "don't want jammie-diaper." They take after their Aunt Jill and their great-uncle Stephen in this regard! They love being naked!

No comments: